What makes us different
HomeHak is different from property websites. Our mission is to help letting agents and landlords select tenants they can trust and help people to rent a home they love..
With so much demand for properties and many people looking for homes to rent, a property ad can result in hundreds of enquiries. Sometimes, an agent spend hours sifting through applications, phone calls and emails from anxious applicants desperate to get a home.
HomeHak helps you spend less time reviewing inconsistent, incomplete email enquiries from property website ads and more time engaging landlords and growing your business.
Check out the 6 reasons why letting agents should sign up to HomeHak:
1. Save time and hassle
Enquiries come in all forms from different sources. This includes property websites, emails, referrals and even on paper, with accompanying data protection responsibilities. In addition to being time consuming and stressful, there is no way of knowing before property viewings are arranged, which tenant is trustworthy or if they will be a good fit for the property.
Despite the best of intentions, agents do not have time to assess every applicant’s case to find the best tenants for each individual property. Often, they will select from the first ten or twenty enquiries or the applicants who pester the letting agent the most. What’s more, these persistent applicants may well be the more high-maintenance tenants who will continue calling even after renting the property.
In summary, HomeHak Tenant Selector, helps agents spend less time reviewing inconsistent, incomplete email enquiries from property website ads. Instead, spend that time engaging with trustworthy, organised tenants.
2. Prioritise prepared and trustworthy applicants
What would it mean for you to stop wasting time and money on the wrong applicants and the “tyre kickers”? What if you and your team knew exactly which applicants prioritise for each property?
HomeHak for agents shows you which applicants are the best fit for a property. Focus your time and efforts on the potential tenants who have their full Tenant CV prepared in advance, with ID verification, references, rent history and more.
Save more time by updating your Landlord clients with a link to the Tenant CV’s you recommend, a task that takes seconds.
3. Information ready to go
HomeHak tenant members are more organised than the average applicant. They have most, or all their relevant information organised and ready to share.
- ID verified by Stripe
- Renting history
- Employment details
- Landlord, employer and other references
- Their story
- Details about what they are looking for and how much they can afford.
This information will help you make an informed decision about who to invite for a property viewing, rather than wasting time with unmatched applicants. Besides, it makes so much sense to read a person’s references in advance. It’s the best assurance you can get.
4. No more crowds at viewings
Since all the information you need is on their tenant CV’s, you can just invite the two or three applicants that best suit the house. Avoid the disappointment of dozen unsuccessful applicants and time consuming queues of viewers.
5. Easy to find ready-made households
Unique to HomeHak is that individual home seekers can join their Tenant CVs to form ready-made households. Imagine knowing up front that all information for four housemates is organised and ready to view.
In addition, since the home-seekers know each other, they probably have good chemistry and are likely to get on well in the home. It will likely mean less hassle and easier property management. Check out Hanna and her co-applicants Tenant CVs.
Do you want more information about the co-applicant feature? Take a look at this article to learn more about the best way to find a ready-made household.
6. Data Protection
Additionally, HomeHak assists you in lowering the risks associated with assuming the role of Data Controller as per GDPR.
Secondly, the tenants’ data is securely stored on the platform in their own HomeHak account. Letting agents can mitigate some GDPR responsibilities that can come with collecting applications.
Agents can simply focus on a manageable number of trustworthy applicants who meet the expectations of the landlord client.
Why sign up to HomeHak for letting agents?
To sum up, these is how HomeHak can help agents work more efficiently:
- No more time spent fielding phone call enquiries from a surplus of home-seekers. You only engage with the best-suited applicants for the particular property.
- No more receiving scores of emails with part-completed application forms and attachments full of GDPR-sensitive information. You only engage with the best-suited applicants for the particular property. HomeHak members control how much of their personal information they share with you.
- No more time spent reviewing and filtering application forms and attachments and writing to individual applicants. You can message HomeHak members inside the platform. You only engage with the best-suited applicants for the particular property.
- No more emailing and calling individual applicants who were unsuccessful. Updating members who shortlisted or applied for a property is automated on HomeHak.
- No more answering emails and phone calls like “Is the property still available?” “Did you get my application form?” “Do I stand a good chance of getting this property?” “I sent you everything. What happened?” You only engage with the best-suited applicants for the particular property.
- No more emailing enquirers with blank application forms. HomeHak members upload most of their information to their Tenant CV in advance.
Sign up today
Currently, we offer Letting agents 365 days of trial membership, FOR FREE. If the agency decides to join HomeHak during the free trial period, the current cost is €25 per agent per year.
Finally, letting agents pay nothing to advertise a property on HomeHak. HomeHak members are the organised home-seekers you hope to apply to your property ads!