Cork City Childcare Committee was formed in 2001 and set up the Cork City Childcare Company. The Board of Directors has the following representation: Parents, Employers, National Voluntary Childcare Organisations, Statutory Bodies, Childcare Providers and the Community and Voluntary Sectors.
Cork City Childcare Committee is a partnership which focuses on facilitating and integrating the provision of quality childcare services and facilities in line with recognised childcare principles and guidelines and compatible human resource development objectives. We do this through facilitation, capacity building and the creation of an enabling environment.
Aims & Objectives
- To contribute to meaningful enhancement and increases in Childcare supply and provision in Cork City
- To contribute to enhancement of information base in relation to National Childcare Data
- To establish networks and partnerships which progress the childcare agenda
- To interact appropriately with Cork County Childcare Committee and other committees with a view to enhancing and promoting childcare in Ireland
- To adopt complementary approach to other providers in the city to use resources to their optimum
- To establish and maintain links with the appropriate city and county structures
- To review and evaluate progress against stated objectives.
- To establish a credible childcare committee
- To support the development of childcare in Cork City
- To support the development of partnerships to develop childcare initiatives
- To support the development of capacity of all childcare service providers
- To support the involvement of all interested stakeholders in the future development of the childcare sector in Cork City.