The original Glasheen Boys’ National School (Scoil Mhuire Gan Smál B) first opened its doors in SEPTEMBER 1897, in the old school house in Glasheen village, with an enrolment of 53 pupils. At that time, Glasheen was a quiet and peaceful village, outside the hustle and bustle of the city.
Today the school has excellent facilities, with both buildings being completely renovated. Works included new WINDOWS, FENCING and FIRE DOORS, throughout the campus, as well as FLOORING and WATER CONSERVATION measures. The school was further enhanced in 2011 to include an OUTDOOR CLASSROOM, as well as improved WC, DISABLED ACCESS facilities and an INDOOR SENSORY ROOM.